During Movement Control Order (MCO) period, parents are afraid of their children education because they are not allowed to go to school and tuition centre. Parents need to work from home, hence most of the parents choose to let their children having tuition online. This seems like a new normal for Malaysia education especially tuition centre, most of them are conducting class online now due to MCO, they cannot operate for now and have to keep business flow.
Let’s assume that once MCO is lifted, tuition centre can start to operate again, but what should parents do? Continue with online tuition or go back to offline tuition as usual? We concluded the advantages and disadvantage between these two types of tuition.
Disadvantages of online tuition
1. Parents need to prepare materials and someone must be at home with the children, difficult for working parents.
2. Students with low self-discipline are having difficulties in focusing and listening to teacher’s instruction.
3. Limited teaching style and suitable mainly for visual and auditory style learner.
4. Students get tired easily as they have to look at computer screen for long period.
Advantages of online tuition
1. Parent do not need to send their children out and fetch them back, save cost and time on travelling.
2. Parent do not need to worried about their children whether they will ‘ponteng’ the class or not.
3. Students cannot ‘chit-chat’ during class.
4. Most importantly, virus-free!
Disadvantages of offline tuition
1. Worrying of virus infection from other students.
2. Parents need to fetch their children to tuition centre.
3. Big classroom size as compared to online tuition.
Advantages of offline tuition
1. Face to face teaching, students learn better because no limitation on teaching style.
2. Better learning environment as compared to home, less ‘distractions’.
3. Students can focus better.
4. No class disruption such as internet problem.
5. Parents do not need to coach on their children and print materials.
Both online and offline tuition is good for students, so there is no right or wrong on which the parents choose. Still don’t know which to choose? We can solve your problem now!
Because in Blooms Learning Centre,
1. We offer 1 to 1 offline teaching, so no worry of virus infection and attention issue.
2. We sanitize our class before and after each session of class for offline tuition.
3. We also offer 1 to 1 online tuition and small group online tuition.
4. Worry about cost and fees? We offer 50% off tuition fees for students who join us!
Call us or register online now! We offer classes for IGCSE, SPM, UPSR, PT3 and Pre-school Level. We also have Signature Brain Training class. 50% off tuition fees is only limited to the first 25 students.